Friday, August 10, 2012

The Kardashians. And the emergence of the worst thing to come out of the Olympics.

I don't usually like to put anyone down (ha, ha, ha, HA, HA) for pursuing their creative dreams. Usually. And then I discovered Olympic fan fiction. A new trend that destroyed any hopes and dreams I had for my future ability to ever look at a picture of Michael Phelps and/or Ryan Lochte again without wanting to throw up a little in my mouth. 

It is more disturbing than that picture of the tanorexic mom or the way Joe Simpson talks about his daughters. If you don't believe me, just Google it. I promise you will be sorry.
--
Okay, it's time for my daily dose of the KARDASHIANS!! I'm not sure there is a single family in America that people seem to simultaneously love and loathe. Well, for the record, my feet are firmly planted on the side of I FREAKING LOVE THEM. Many, many people will probably be offended by what I am about to say. However, I don't care because all of the following is true.

I think the Kardashians, most especially Kris Jenner, are geniuses. I'm aware that the entire world just started throwing tomatoes (or stones) at me, but I will not back down, no matter what sharp objects are brandished in my direction. Anyone who can make heaps and heaps of money on the foundation of one singular sex tape deserves a nice place in the Famous-for-Nothing Hall of Fame. They have a hand in every single consumer and entertainment venture there is and are one of the single most recognizable names in the country (world?). And they have absolutely zero talent. ZERO. If that's not a work of genius, I really don't know what is.

So, therefore, this:


Gotta love the people who made a career - a FORTUNE - out of idiocy.
--
Right now, despite the wide array of ways my brain is being stimulated by the ridiculous antics of people who are richer than I am and who have so much less talent than I do, I am singularly amused by one athlete who is MORE talented than I am. And he knows it. He really, really does. I leave you with this piece of humble-pie:


I love Usain Bolt for this quote and for the fact that he can run 200m faster than it takes me to even say the words 'run 200m.'

No comments:

Post a Comment